Monday, September 13, 2010

My poems are usually about love. Sometimes sadness and sometimes fear or heartache.



Escape 

Escape the pit of loneliness
Let the void inside you die
It's okay to wrap yourself in sheets
and lie in bed and cry
Forgive the world of hatred
and relinquish all your fears
Don't drown yourself in sorrows
from all those painful years

-1999



My Hearts Truth To You 

I don't even know how 
I hung on so long
I guess being alone
just felt so wrong

Oh, I needed someone
just to to be there
Now I see that keeping you
just wasn't fair

You didn't love me
the way I needed you to
So many restless nights
I spent with you

Love should be a good feeling
that you have deep inside
It shouldn't be so hard
and make me cry

But you didn't hold me
the way I needed you to
With all the emptiness inside
I didn't know what to do

You didn't love me
the way I needed you to
Now my heart knows
what it has to do

-2010


2 comments:

  1. I really like your words and I am so glad you are sharing your poems here. :-)

    Thank you very much for your visit to my blog, I appreciate you taking the time to read.

    I look forward to reading more of your poems.

    Susannah x
    http://outofmyocean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susannah for your kind words. I'm glad you like mine. I'm just getting into the blogging stuff and I really enjoy yours :)

    ReplyDelete